#1 Loving Action for Eldercare
Latest studies show that caregivers of aging parents have a 63% higher death rate than the rest of us, and they experience more depression, anxiety plus serious long-term medical issues like heart disease and diabetes. Carol-Ann has discovered and tested 12 Innovative Keys to Coping that help you succeed with even an ultra difficult mother or father.
#2 Advocacy for Eldercare
Have Government & Big Business Hijacked Eldercare? Carol-Ann says “Yes…and we’re heading for a crash”. Carol-Ann has trial-and-error tested 8 ADVOCACY Attitudes and Actions that give power back to the consumer to cope with stretching healthcare, legal, financial, funeral, automobile, real estate and other industries…
Suggested Interview Questions for Loving Action for Eldercare
- What does the term “un-cope-able parents” mean? How can I find out if my Mom or Dad fits that description?
- Define what you mean by LOVING ACTION.
- What if I feel like I’ve tried every strategy to prevail with my challenging parents and still nothing works?
- Can’t I just tell them what to do, given I know what’s best for my folks?
- How can I come away from our trying conversations and not be completely drained physically, emotionally and mentally?
- Speaking of difficult subjects, describe how you successfully “took away the car keys” from your boastful 88-year-old father, “Bill the Truck Driver.”
- What insights have you learned about the reasons aging parents and relatives behave so “badly” – kind of like the terrible twos turned into the entitled eighties?
- What is the shocking reality caregivers don’t realize that is costing them their health and relationships?
- What are your 3 top tips to help stressed-out caregivers survive the grueling eldercare marathon?
- If you could only say one thing to those in the Sandwich Generation trapped between the competing priorities of work, family and caregiving, what would that be?
Suggested Interview Questions for Advocacy for Eldercare
- What does the term “un-cope-able systems” mean? Expand on the consumer service providers you’re referring to.
- Your definition of ADVOCACY is rather different from traditional healthcare models. Tell us more about your approaches.
- Prove to us why the businesses and organizations supporting aging populations need a radical overhaul – now.
- What are the 3 important things caregiver-advocates need to know to protect their interests in the face of bureaucratic healthcare and government agencies?
- What are the 3 biggest myths adult children believe about assisted living that will get them in trouble every time?
- What are the 5 critical questions children of aging parents need to ask before it’s too late?
- You describe your 89-year-old father’s home as a “hoarders-on-steroids” situation. How did you clear out 50 years of accumulated possessions to ready his house for sale while maintaining your own health?
- Share with us your successful collaboration tactics to persuade your ultra-stubborn Dad to take responsible actions legally, financially and insurance-wise.
- What are the 3 most essential Human Resources policies companies must revise to retain their top talent as increasing numbers of employees contend with stressful eldercare issues?
- Let us in on the urgent call-to-action you want to impart with consumer service providers who support aging populations.
Carol-Ann Hamilton Introduction
Carol-Ann Hamilton brings over 25 years’ experience as an organizational development specialist in Fortune 500 and consulting settings to her eldercare ADVOCACY work. An expert in change management, performance coaching and communications, she helps companies and people achieve prosperity, whether in business or personal life.
When she faced her own Un–cope–able Systems nightmare, she realized these same skill sets can be used to create urgent transformation within the eldercare industry.
Author of Coping with Un-cope -able Parents: LOVING ACTION for Eldercare, Carol-Ann is a popular speaker at
professional conferences across North America. She has appeared via print, radio and TV in locations from Australia to Washington. Her mission is to significantly alter how our society supports aging populations and their caregivers.
- Meet unquantifiable resistance in merely hinting it’s time your headstrong parents leave their decades-old residence?
- Battle belligerently at daring to suggest household caregivers to your defiant folks, given their progressive inability to perform basic daily tasks?
- Serve up your total human capacity to your unappreciative relatives without coming close to filling their bottomless pit?
Enter resident expert Carol-Ann Hamilton. Her unique term—”un-cope-able”—perfectly describes her own intractable duo. Through painful personal experience across decades, Carol-Ann has discovered and tested twelve innovative Keys to Coping. Eureka! Success!
- Engage with the Impossible Parents Questionnaire and overcome 10 hair-yanking eldercare challenges.
- Apply 6 LOVING attitudes and stay centered during crazy-making exchanges
- Gain 6 down-to-earth ACTION strategies that guarantee your targeted efforts will achieve headway
- Be inspired by others’ illuminating stories, knowing you’re not alone anymore
Benefit from Carol-Ann’s hard-won lessons. Share her poignant yet hilarious journey.
Get the support you need—NOW. Say good-bye to feeling victimized and over-burdened. Say hello to relief and hope in Coping with Un-cope-able Parents!
- Those aged 60 and over are increasing by 30,000 people DAILY world-wide
- Those aged 65 and older around the globe OUTNUMBER the entire populations of Russia, Japan, France, Germany and Australia combined
Mushrooming aging populations are stretching all systems past the breaking point. Healthcare professionals feel totally overwhelmed. Financial, Real Estate, Automobile and Funeral service providers need to get with the times. Workplace policies require a radical overhaul.
Caregivers of elderly parents, relatives and friends are exhausted to the point of fried. Ours is a never-ending emotional roller-coaster ride. Now pile on top of crushing loads the uphill battle of trying to prevail with systems who claim to support us. We’re done in!
Not Tomorrow! Now!
“Somebody” needs to do “something”. RIGHT AWAY! That someone is Carol-Ann Hamilton – a pioneer on the leading-edge of bringing this alarming crisis to public awareness.
In her ground-breaking follow-up book, Carol-Ann draws upon 250,000 hours of contending with Un-cope-able Parents and Un-cope-able Systems to offer you:
- ADVOCACY skills and attitudes to cut through ridiculous barriers you face daily
- Practical contributions from eldercare experts so you gain extra tips and tools to complete essential paperwork and put in place safeguards before it’s too late
- Down-to earth solutions borne of seeing her ailing father through ostrich-like bureaucracies during his last tortured weeks of life and beyond
Say good-bye to struggle and despair. Say hello to strength and clarity.
Photos to Download
Download Full Size
Coping with Un-cope-able Parents Cover
Download Full Size
Download Full Size
Download Full Size
Carol-Ann Hamilton Appearances
TIP Video #1: The Five Most Dangerous Caregiving Myths
Would you like to know the five most dangerous traps ineffective caregivers fall into and why these false beliefs will never achieve the eldercare outcomes you seek? Here’s a hint. Even if your folks are in assisted living or receiving in-home care, you’re not off the hook. One mindset shift called for is to see reaching out for support as a strength, not a weakness.
TIP Video #2: The Five Most Essential Pieces of Paperwork You Need Before It’s Too Late
Admittedly, topics like a Will are neither popular amongst caregivers nor aging parents. The major argument in favor of engaging in these critical conversations is to avoid the steep cost of being caught with your proverbial pants down. To learn more about how to address these vital subjects, check out Coping with Un-cope-able Systems: ADVOCACY for Eldercare
TIP Video #3: 6 LOVING Attitudes for Eldercare
Why don’t they just do what you want? They won’t. Before you rush head-long into imposing your will upon your obstinate mother or father, pause to consider who you are BEING. By BEING, we mean the attitudes that must come before any effective action you take. Here is a summary of the six: Laughter, Openness; Vibration; Intention; Neutrality; and Grace.
TIP Video #4: 6 Focused ACTION’s for Eldercare
Here’s the other half of the 12 trial-and-error tested Keys to Success for coping with difficult folks. ACTION stands for: Advocate; Clarify; Trust; Initiate; Observe; and Innovate. Together, BE + DO = HAVE (i.e., the results you desire to occur in your eldercare situation). To learn more, check out Coping with Un-cope-able Parents: LOVING ACTION for Eldercare