I am the only child of excruciating parents. So much so I coined the phrase “un-cope-able” to capture five decades of “impossibility” endured.
You’ll recognize yourself in my message of“DESPERATION to INSPIRATION to HOPE” if you’ve ever:
- Verbally fought just short of coming to actual blows over gently proposing a new life- chapter to your aging duo;
- Met unquantifiable resistance in merely hinting your headstrong folks leave their soothingly familiar residence;
- Applied your full catering power and still your exhausted capacity comes nowhere close to satisfying their needy bottomless pit.
And, that’s just the tip of the iceberg, right?
Nowadays, I convey sincere gratitude no victory with my stubborn duo arrived easily. For, their unapologetic defiance resulted in the down-to-earth tactics I’m privileged to share with YOU.
Here’s how it all started.
“I see another book coming.”
What an astounding suggestion during a 2010 consulting assignment with teachers. We poured out wrenching stories – but also hair-yanking frustration – and mirrored one another’s wracked nerves over declining relatives.
Suddenly, my light-bulb generator turned on! A whole new vista opened before my eyes. Wow!
No, I haven’t academic credentials in geriatrics, psycho-therapy or leading-edge hospice practices.
My expertise centers upon Organizational Development within Fortune 500, entrepreneurial and consulting settings for 25 years – followed by ten of successful entrepreneurship as a coach, facilitator, author, motivational speaker and Reiki Master.
So, what do I bring to the table? Try “in the trenches” eldercare experience!
I long for you to benefit from my painfully-earned lessons so you’re savedunnecessary anguish.
It’s YOU I’m honored to serve – a Kindred Spirit battling Un-cope-able Parents.
Since that pivotal school-room dialogue, my mission and passion have transformed into staunch advocacy on your behalf:
- Feeling trapped in the Sandwich Generation;
- Contending with complex parental challenges while striving to balance multiple competing priorities;
- Praying you maintain your health and sanity!
The senior-care marathon is grueling.
You need proven strategies that solve your exasperated-to-the-hilt burdens – not pat answers or trite advice!
My parting encouragement for today…
You will prevail!
My professional and friendship circles call me strong and courageous. Though, at the height of agony over my father’s unremitting negativity, I doubted my very survival.
Please join in as I trace my poignant yet hilarious journey. I invite you to belly-laugh one moment and stream tears the next!
Be ignited by contributors’ illuminating stories. Know you’re not alone anymore.
You have my earnest empathy and unbridled support.